Saturday, March 13, 2010

New Challenges

We have some obvious new challenges now that we have the twins, but I'm encountering an unexpected challenge. In just over two months, we are booked for a flight back to the United States. I feel like I'm mentally checking out. I'm making plans for when I'm back in the States. I'm wondering what we will be doing and where we will be living. I'm calculating what I will miss and what I will not miss about this country of Kenya. None of this is wrong but it bothers me because I still have more than two months left here. I hope that there is more to accomplish. There is plenty to do on one week and two week mission trips. How can I best utilize my last two months as a missionary in Kenya? I don't know yet. In chapel this past week, Todd made the announcement to the students that we would be returning to the United States in May. I saw the expressions of sadness on some of the students faces that I know and I was sad too. I don't want to stay another school year, but that's probably because we don't feel that God is asking us to stay. We planned to come one school year and now it is almost done. It is nearly time to return. Why am I conflicted and writing this? Probably for a number of reasons. I'm a little sleep deprived, I'm more lonely for home now that family has come to visit, and I don't know if I've accomplished the purpose for which I was called to Kenya for ten months.

2 comments:

  1. Jenny, if you have loved God and loved people, if you have obeyed Him wholeheartedly then you have done all that anyone could ever ask of you. You have done well.

    It is good that you are starting to unhook. This will help you to transition your family to the next wonderful phase that God has planned.

    Just keep being the sweet lady that you are and His purposes will be accomplished in and through you.

    Oh, and if you want to you could come to Bolivia. We have plenty of teaching opportunities and lots of fun missionary stuff going on down here. (wink) :)

    Blessings!

    - Angie Washington

    ReplyDelete
  2. my dear Jenny, I'll send you a private email with my thoughts, but know that God is holding you and loving you and so am I. God must have been connecting us yesterday. I touched your picture on my frig and said a prayer at least three times. Take care of you, the boys, twins and Todd...maybe a little bit in that order if you can, if only for a few minutes. I send much love to you all..Lori W.

    ReplyDelete