Monday, March 8, 2010

...one month later

Hello everyone!! We have not meant to ignore you or keep you in the dark about life here in Kenya, we have just been busy. Imagine that! The short story is that we are all doing well. The girls are growing and are healthy. The boys are active, busy and healthy. Todd is teaching and mentoring. Today is the last day of a long weekend that constitutes mid-semester break for the students. Todd is almost caught up on grading. I (Jenny) am doing well. Much of my day is spent nursing the girls and caring for them. In addition, I referee the boys and work on directing and redirecting them. Todd's mom Julie and his Aunt June are here helping. They are doing most of the cooking, laundry and dishes. That is a HUGE help to me! They will get to go on safari this coming Sunday and are taking the boys, so that should be great fun.




They sleep well in the same bed.












The girls all dressed up and "talking."
















Grammie Julie holding the two newest granddaughters.


















I must like this picture since I uploaded it twice.


















Naomi holding her babydoll.


















Naomi on left and Makena on right.












Naomi (left) Makena (right) "holding" their first dollys!












Makena getting a bucket bath. Don't worry the water is warm! :)


















Naomi getting a bucket bath.













Jenny and the four kids. Isaiah, Nathanael, Makena, and Naomi.












Isaiah delighting to hold his sisters.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! These are wonderful pictures. Thanks for posting an update. I am happy to hear that things are going well and that the family has been around to help. Blessings!

    - Angie Washington

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hlkemans all!
    I've been keeping you all so much in prayer! We finished the Beth Moore Esther study last night Jenny and we miss you so much! Todd, I'm praying for your teaching and sending big hugs for the boys and sweet prayers for those little girls I can hardly wait to see. Spring is coming here, at least signs of it. God Bless you so much! I'm so glad you have had the moms'and auntie there. Much love, 1am have to get to bed. I'll email soon. Lori W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful family!! And how exciting to know you are doing so well in Africa! I came to your blog through Heidi's. Be assured that Kirsten, Jon and Heidi and many others were excited for you, yet very disappointed to see you leave Calvary. I hope you all enjoy your time in Kenya and make memories to last a lifetime! - Jon's and Kirsten's mom

    ReplyDelete