Friday, August 21, 2009

Prayers for The Scott Community

We are asking for prayers for the Scott community. I learned yesterday (Thursday) that one of the third year BTh students who was traveling back to campus was killed in a car accident. I'm a bit fuzzy on the details about what exactly happened, but evidently he was killed while he was riding his motorcycle back to campus.

I'm still confused as to his name as many of students I've spoken to talk about the incident in a round about way. Yesterday we prayed for "the student who left us." I imagined a student who had "dropped out of school." Cultural differences are interesting when it comes to issues like death.

At any rate we would ask for prayers for this student and his family as well as for the Students at Scott. He was a well loved and well respected student.

1 comment:

  1. Keeping your school community in prayer....I'm hoping by now the routine of days is helping students to cope...and that God's love is helping with the pain...Love, Lori

    ReplyDelete